Friday, January 18, 2013

Three Years Ago

Three years ago today I started this blog. It's weird to think about how different everything was three years ago. I've blogged off and on for three years. I've documented my life for three years, and it's a pretty cool thing.

So in honor of my blogging anniversary, I have an announcement.

On March 3, 2013, I will be running the Little Rock Half Marathon. This is my second half marathon. I ran St. Jude's about a month ago.

I took a month off from running after St. Jude. I ran maybe three times just to see if I still could. Why do I keep thinking I'll forget how to run 5 miles?

I haven't gotten into a solid running routine, but I have been running. Last weekend's long run was warm and rainy.
It was my first run in the rain. I loved it so much the next time a storm's brewing and it's warm outside I will be putting on my running shoes.

I'm going for a little 3 mile run this afternoon, and then tomorrow I'm going for 8 miles. Long runs are my favorite. Something about falling into a rhythm and relaxing. Not all of them are rhythmic and relaxing. Some of them suck. But at least I'm out there putting one foot in front of the other.

 I hate to make this short and sweet, but I have a date with a four-year-old bald baby girl that I haven't seen in a week. Sweet Asher got her cast off a few days ago, and I have to tell her not to walk around. It's gonna be a fun day.

Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on three years of blogging! I'm coming up on four really soon myself. It's crazy when you think about how much blogging tracks in our lives.

    ReplyDelete