2.5 miles in 20 minutes. 2.5 MILES IN 20 MINUTES!!!!! Hello, that is a big deal. We deserve a major award. (Too bad it can't be a leg lamp like the major award from A Christmas Story...because I already have one. But that is a different story for another day.)
So let me give you a quick run down of last night: We arrived at Murray Park at 7:30 P.M. We chose to run at Murray Park because we knew how far it was thanks to the Do Life 5K we ran earlier this month. We decided on a 20 minute non-stop run to see how far we could go during that set time.
We ran. And we ran. And we ran. And we ran. At the halfway point, we turned around. And we ran. And we ran. And we ran. All the way to the where we started.
When it was over we felt great. And sort of looked like this, expect my mom wasn't there.
So in celebration of this new running accomplishment (and feelings of Badassness), I have decided to give you a full recap on this whole running journey.
Without further ado...
- Word to Your Mother: My decision to run Susan G. Komen and reasons behind it
- Preparation: Getting ready to run
- It Has Begun: The purchase of the new shoes and the initial run
- Damn the Dam Bridge: The title says it all
- This Is What I Know: Running in pictures
- It's a Revolution: Logan wants to run
- Epic Fail: Logan's first run with me, and I almost pass out. Awesome.
- Watch Your Feet. There's Snakes Everywhere.: Pretty self explanatory...
- A Confession: It's funny that I was once nervous about this.
- Adamson V. Two Rivers Park: Divorcing Two Rivers Park because of a serious problem
- Good Food. Good Run.
- Running With Friends: Why I think everyone should have an "active" buddy.
- Ashten Does Life: The first 5K. HOLLA.
- When Are We Runners?: My favorite post about running.
- Future Running Endeavors: Running Goals. It was scary to say out loud.
- Running Frustration: A bad run after a glorious 20 minute run.
- Too Much Criminal Minds: Morbid running thoughts I have when running alone.
I love it. I'm so proud. I can't wait to share more of it with you.
Tell me about a recent accomplishment you've had. (Feel free to comment on the blog. I've changed some settings to hopefully make it easier for you.)