Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pixie Hairs Everywhere

I got to hang out with Asher yesterday. She got some new Princess dresses. Talk about excited. The kid was so overjoyed that she scream for about 15 minutes straight when I got to her house last night. She was so excited to be home.
And then she passed out on top of her Big Giant Bear, which is basically the cutest thing I've ever seen.

As of now, Asher is home until Wednesday. Then she will go in for blood count checks. If all is well, she will be admitted to start the three day Round Two of chemo. Yep, you heard it right. Three weeks have passed. And it's time for another round of chemo.

Do you remember me talking about Kathy and her necklaces? These necklaces...
Kathy, being the awesome, creative person she is, has created bubble gum pink bracelets for those of you who would rather have a piece of jewelry other than a necklace.
If you are interested in the bubble gum pink bracelets, please e-mail me at ashten.adamson@gmail.com, and I will forward your order on to Kathy. Kathy will confirm your order and tell you all about payment. In order for us to do this, please leave some form of contact information with me (e-mail address preferably) to Kathy can get in touch with you.

Seventy-five percent of the funds raised by the bracelets, just like the necklaces, will be donated to the Asher Ray Benefit Fund.

So shoot me an e-mail if you want in on this. We can make it happen.

Also, I signed up for the St. Jude half marathon about two weeks before we found out Asher had Ewing's Sarcoma. So I'm now running for my soon-to-be bald sweet baby Asher, as well as all the other sweet bald babies at St. Jude. (Speaking of a balding Asher...Her hair is starting to fall out quite a bit. Little pixie hairs everywhere.)

Part of my journey with the St. Jude's half marathon consists of not only training for the race but also fundraising for St. Jude's through the St. Jude's Hero program. I'm over halfway to my goal. If you'd like to help me out, visit my fundraising page to donate. Any amount no matter the size will help children just like Asher.

No comments:

Post a Comment