Sunday, April 6, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

It's been a good week.

A weird one,  but a good one.

I took my first Pure Barre class, went to a sunset yoga class and ran/walked an unpaved trail by my house.

My hips are full of super tight muscles, and I don't mean that in a good way. The trail by my house is super hilly, but so beautiful. I'm working it into my rotation because it's a good work out. I love trail running. It works different muscle groups, and it always reminds me that I'm not as "in shape" as I'd like to be. Very humbling.

I'm also starting the daunting task of packing for the big move. Only 26 days until I have my own place. I've been collecting boxes from work, but I've yet to put them to good use. I'm gonna change that this week. I have to start. So far all I've packed is Christmas stuff, which was already packed. I just put it in a new Rubbermaid container for better storage.

I've also been listening to this song non-stop. My love for Phillip Phillips is huge. I saw him live with John Mayer last July. He is amazing. Sings like an angel.

The drums at the end of this song make my stomach hurt. I love everything about it. It's so full of energy, and he always sings with so much power. I can't even explain it. Just listen to it. The last 30 seconds or so will blow your mind.

This week's workout schedule looks something like this:

Wednesday - Pure Barre. Bring on the hip thrusts and gyrating.
Friday - Yoga. Relaxing on my day off.
One of those other days - Trail run or regular run. Gotta stick with my roots.

Next week will get even more intense. We will start our 5K training group at work. So I will run Tuesdays and Saturdays, and go to Pure Barre and Yoga once a week. Like I said, I'm turning my body into a machine. I want to run a marathon, but I have to make sure everything is in tip-top shape before I start the process.

The goal race is New Orleans Marathon in February. That should be plenty of time to get ready. I'm going to run the race and then overload on beignets and coffee from Cafe Du Monde. And I'm going to listen to some authentic New Orleans jazz because I didn't get to do that last time I was there.

What are some of your goals?

Tell me how you're getting back in the saddle again.


2 comments:

  1. I am trying to GBITSA by walking again around my area which has hills and I started a yoga conditioning/weight loss dvd a few weeks ago. while I have not been a drop of lbs. of inches, I am in better shape than I was by doing nothing. I hate that I get out of shape so fast and it takes f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get back closer to being healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does take awhile to get it back, but it's so worth it when you do. Feeling better is the ultimate goal. :)

    ReplyDelete