Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Let's Talk About the Joy


I've been thinking a lot about writing again. I should be thinking about writing my thesis, but I've been thinking about writing on this blog I created so long ago. 

It's been months since my last post. So much has changed, and yet so much is still the same. 

My favorite kid has cancer again. I didn't think I'd ever have to write that. This past week she started chemo and had an emergency surgery to fix her broken donor bone. It's been really hard for me this time around. I want her to be healthy so bad. I want her to grow up and be big and strong. I just love her so much I can barely stand it. She really is the bravest person I know. 


I got up on Saturday morning before the sun came up to run a 5K. It was my first race in over a year. I've been helping with a 5K training group at work, and it's been really amazing to see how running integrated into their lives. Each person is so different, but they came together every Tuesday and Saturday to run together. Now that's fellowship. And I absolutely love our No Boundaries group. 

I've also been working on a coffee table project. 
I've been bring this beat up old trunk back to life. It's going to make a beautiful piece of furniture in my new apartment. Yep, I said it. My new apartment. One bedroom. Hopefully with a perfect Boston Terrier puppy....if I can find one. 
I'm mixing old with new in my new place. So I bought this couch. I'm basically in love with it, and I can't wait to sit on it every day. It's the most comfortable thing ever. 

I'm kind of nervous to live by myself. I've never really wanted to do that. But it's time. Things....They are a-changin'. Which can be a good thing. Like decorating the new place. And getting a puppy dog. 

I have lots of reason to be joyful. So I'm gonna be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment