Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Stress and Broken Yolk

You know how I know it's going to be a bad day? I'm making breakfast, which usually consists of a fried egg and some type of bread like toast or a biscuit, and as I go to flip my egg the yolk breaks all in the pan. Really gives me rage...and who likes and egg without yolk?? Nobody.

It is the first week of class and already I feel the stress of school. I feel like this semester will be full of some kind of all consuming mind eating stress. So yes I will graduate, but my brain will be the consistency of jello.

I wish I could be one of those people who didn't worry about anything. The type of person who can just let everything go, and it all just works out in their favor. But, unfortunately, I am not that lucky.

I worry about everything, or at least it seems that way to me. I worry about homwork, grades, applying to grad school, getting a job, etc. It's a never ending process, this worrying thing. I wish I could just stop some days.

I was sitting in class this morning, and my professor said part of doing good in the class was trying stuff and failing at it. He lives by this rule: Fail early, Fail often.

What the crap? I've spent my whole life working toward success, and now I have to try to fail. I know, I know. He is not really telling us to actually fail. He just wants us to take risks in his class. (He is very non-traditional when it comes to his teaching methods, which is refreshing).

So here I am. It's been 3 days into the semester, and I already stressed out. Maybe it will get better, but let's be honest....It will probably just get worse. What can I say? I'm a realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment