Monday, January 25, 2010

Working Out Is for the Birds

One of my New Year's resolutions was to start working out three days a week. I don't have class until noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so it seems only logical for those days to be my workout days.

Let me just say...I am not the type that likes to work out. I never have been, probably never will be. But when your pants start to not fit something has to be done.

So I have started to work out. My roommate got the Biggest Loser Cardio Max workout video with the trainer Bob from the tv show Biggest Loser. Let me just say...Bob looks amazing, but everyone else on that video not so much.

It is comforting to me that all of the people on the video are bigger and actually breaking a sweat. I know that sounds terrible for me to say, but it is just good to know that I am not the only one breaking a sweat and hating Bob because they sweat and hate Bob, too.

For the past 3 or so weeks, I have been working out with Bob in my living room. It is a 30 minute workout: 5 minute warm-up, 20 minute cardio workout and 5 minute yoga cool down. Let me be real honest: At first, I hated it. I hated Bob. I hated the pretend jump rope exercise. I hated the sweating. Most of all, I hated the sore muscles and pain after the fact.

Now, three weeks later, I am beginning to understand Bob and all he is doing for my body. Bathing suit season is nearing, and I don't want everyone to know that I enjoy a beverage of my choice whenever I want one.

I can already tell a big difference in my breathing. I can do more and not be as tired. My muscles are not really sore anymore, and Bob and I can stay on the same page....or more importantly I can actually keep up with Bob. I'm starting to like the sweat and the workout. Maybe one day I will become a marathon runner....but lets be honest...probably not.

I highly recommend Bob and the Biggest Loser cardio max workout to all of you interested in getting in shape. My goal was not to be buff and ripped with muscle, but to be tone and fit. I tell you...I'm getting there. Tone and fit here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment