Monday, November 22, 2010

Countdown to...

It's time to start the countdowns. And yes I meant countdownS.

Thanksgiving: T-minus 3 days.
End of the academic semester: T-minus 23 days.
Christmas: T-minus 28 days.

In my opinion, it is never too early to start the countdown. I am so looking forward to a break. Once the semester is over, I won't have to work for two weeks. Even though school will be out, I still have to work my normal schedule. But not for two whole weeks of pure and utter bliss.

I can't wait to read books I want to read instead of have to read. I can't wait to hang out with all my friends and have some kind of a social life again. I want to watch movies and stay up late...basically do all the things I use to do before graduate school and work came along.

I know this can seem petty, but I want my college life back. It was just so much more enjoyable. But I can't go back now...

I am super excited Thanksgiving break is just days away.I won't get to go home until Wednesday after work, but I am so excited to eat all the best food.

I went home this past weekend, and my mom baked pumpkin rolls and a pumpkin cheesecake. She also made homemade chicken and dumplins and homemade chicken salad, which is one of my all-time favorites. It was nice to be home and spend time with the family and, of course, my dog Kate.

Looking forward to Thursday. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment