Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Giving of the Thanks

I know I jumped the gun with the Dave Barnes Christmas video, but sometimes I get too excited. Thanksgiving is just around the corner. And I'll tell ya, I'm pretty excited about the feast.

And it will be a feast. Every year my mom and grandma make enough food to feed a small country. It seems like we have leftovers for weeks. But I don't care right now because I haven't had it yet.

My Aunt Connie is making a fantastic pecan pie (a Southern staple desert), my dad is deep frying a turkey (the best way to have Thanksgiving turkey) and my mom and grandma will come up with more amazing sides (not an exaggeration).

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

The Wings Over the Prairie Festival will also be in full force. I'm looking forward to corn dog and funnel cake. Yay for carinval foods.

I'll keep you up-to-date on the latest Holiday news. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment