Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jingle Bell Rockin' 5K

You are in the midst of a star. Yep, that's right. A star. Mom and I were on TV Saturday night after the Light Up the Night 5K in downtown Little Rock.

I tried to find the video, but stupid Internet Explore keeps informing me that I need to update my browser. And I can't update my browers because I don't have admin access to my work computer. #firstworldproblems

The point of the 5K was to dress up and run the downtown streets while admiring Christmas lights put up by local businesses.

So we dressed up. It was a pretty big group of us. And there was somewhere around 900 people running in the race. The only downer was the lack of Christmas lights and decor along the race track. And it was freaking freezing. So cold, in fact, that I didn't get warm until after I took the hottest shower and drank some hot tea. My body is basically without blood. (I'm kidding...Calm down.)

When I got home from the race, I put my race bib with all my other race bibs. And it made me feel really good to see them all grouped together.
My little boards are running out of room. And I haven't quite figured out what is the best way to keep up with them. I don't really want to put them in a box just yet. It's all so new to me still. The nostaglia hasn't even wore off each bib yet.

Each of the three bibs has the race name and date and my finishing time written on the back. I can't really remember if I wrote other stuff, but I know those three things are on it. Two 5Ks and a 10K. Woot Woot.

On a completely different note, I've discovered the sheer genius of what is awkwardfamilyphotos.com. While scrolling through the blog of photos, I found this and thought it was appropriate for this Christmas season.
Pretty sure I laughed until tears came out my eyes. I love everything about it. Really rings in the Christmas spirit.

What have you been up to?

Do you have any awkward family photos?
I have some old dance photos I'm sure could win awkward family photo prizes. But there is one photo in particular that would win millions...Let's just say I went through a phase with short hair, braces, glasses and sparkly blue butterfly clippies...I wish I was joking about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment