I broke a friendship yesterday. But in my defense, it was a long time coming and I got the worse end of the break-up stick. Truth is I'm not ready to talk about what happened. I need time to heal and gain some perspective on the entire situation.
But you can read about the saga of our relationship here and here and here. Like I said, it was a long time coming. And I knew once I said what I needed to say, his response would not be the one I wanted to hear. But I did it anyway even though I knew it would cause me a lot of pain.
When it comes right down to it, if I had never said anything about the way I was feeling, he would have been oblivious for a long time. And I would have always wondered what if. But now I know it's not what I thought it could be. So I push on. Ever moving forward.
The roommate wrote me a note to try to cheer my spirits. I found it by the coffee pot this morning. Reason 987459827 as to why she's the best roommate ever.
Things to think of today...
- We have in our possession a pair of the exact gloves they wear on Deadliest Catch. We can pick up everything frozen.
- We are freakin funny.
- We own a Christmas fetus candle. (ed. note: The candle is called Christmas Festival...the roommate can't read.)
- NEEDTOBREATHE. Well we met them. Looked into all their eyes.
- We be lovin each other.
- We own 4,052 coffee cups.
- Animal dance moves of ours are clearly inspirational.
- SHUT UP DAVID.
- Katie is most likely on her bed.
- We are going to get a sticker