Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Momentary Lapse of Love and Reason: A Musical Tribute

Today's the kind of day that warrants a little tunage to calm my soul.

Last night the roommate found a video of Needtobreathe covering Led Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks," and I fell a little more in love with Needtobreathe and Bear's voice.
I. Simply. Cannot. Handle. This.

His voice, the ponytail and hat combo, the open shirt, the sound of the guitar. I swoon.

If I had been there in real life, I'm pretty sure I would have passed out from the sheer genius of the sounds. Even when I watch it, my palms get sweaty and my heart races. Clearly I have a problem.

Other songs I can't get enough of right now:
I was actually in the audience when this song was played. "The Reckoning" was written to be the anthem of this time in my life. I cannot handle the drums and piano sounds right after the first verse. I can't handle any of it really.

Dude can sing. And play the piano. And make my heart flutter. Watch it all the way to the end to get the full musical experience.

"And we are living, living for a moment, a moment. A momentary lapse of love and reason." Nuff said.

Gotta love "Kids" for real. Too good. Too good. And don't mind the weird video...just listen. And I dare you to try not to move and dance around...It's impossible.

Foster the People's "Pumped Up Kicks" has been played out by the radio. But I still love this song...which hasn't really made it to the radio yet. This is another that you can't help but move to. Try it. You'll like it.

What songs do you love right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment