Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis the Season to be Merry

For me, Christmas parties should never be BYOB. Period. End of story. I'm still mentally recovering from a Christmas Extravaganza on Saturday night. Here's what happened.

My friend Logan and her sister Lindsay threw a Tacky Christmas Sweater Party on Saturday. The roommate, Jodi and I were thrilled to be out and about in Christmas garb.

My tacky attire consisted of a beaded sweater vest and a Christmas plaid wrap skirt that I liked to say was a kilt.
It looked more like a Christmas rug, but let's not analyze it too much.

Jodi had on neon purple pants. The roommate rocked a sweatshirt that said "Love: What Grandmas Do Best." And Logan had a huge bow on her head.

But enough about the attire. I know you want to know what happened. And I'm gonna be honest and tell you I'm probably not the best person to ask.

See here's the thing. After the Christmas party, we were all suppose to go downtown for our friend Chelsey's birthday. But after a bottle of wine, a car ride and a change of clothes, my body decided it would not be my best interest to participate in said birthday festivities.

I know what you're thinking. It was probably late. And I needed to stay home. No. It was before 11 P.M. But you are definitely right that I needed to stay home.

After much you'll-feel-better-once-we-get-you-baby-cheeseburgers-from-McDonalds talk failed, the roommate and Jodi left me at home (thank the lort). It would not have been a fun time for anyone had I left the house.

Moral to the story: Don't drink a bottle of wine at a Christmas party. Wine is the devil. And while I use to love it, now I think our relationship has moved to a love-it-a-little-less stage. Oh, and I'm never drinking again. The end.

But nobody can be sure as to how it all happened. One minute I was up and feeling great. And the next I was down for the count. We can't decide if it's the bottle of wine, my incredibly low alcohol tolerance or a combination of the two. But I do know BYOB and Christmas should never be in the same sentence.

Switching gears:

Saturday I will be running in a Jingle Bell 5K. I'm so pumped to dress up. No booze will be consumed at this party.

I can't decide if I want to make a handprint reindeer sweatshirt or a handprint Christmas tree sweatshirt. Or something completely different. Thoughts? I do think a nice quote from one of my favorite Christmas movies should be on the back. More on that later.

Speaking of running. I've sucked up over the last week. Not one run. NOT ONE. I guess after the 10K I thought I needed a break. Today and Thursday I will run. No matter how cold or gross it feels outside. I will do it. #ithinkicanithinkican

Tell me about some of your Christmas party experiences.

Have you ever done a Holiday race where you can dress up? This Saturday will be my first one, and I'm super pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment