Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Seven Mile Milestone

Something amazing happened on Sunday morning. Something I've never done before. I ran seven miles. The farthest I've ever ran. And it was awesome.
It was one of those runs that didn't seem long or difficult. I was completely in the zone. And to make the seven miles that much sweeter I got to run six miles with my mom.

Here are my stats:
Time: 1:25:08
Distance: 7 miles (really 7.3...I'll explain it in a bit.)
Best Pace: 10:09
Average Pace: 12:10
Calories: 817

For the first .3 miles of running, my watch decided not to work. So I technically completed  my run at 6.7 miles in an hour and twenty minutes, but I just couldn't stop until I saw that perfect seven.

I felt good running. It was cool outside. I would have and did say it was freezing before we started running. But it ended up being just the right temperature. The sun was out. It was too good. And I didn't have any hypoglycemic issues! Hooray!

But I'm not the only person to hit a milestone this weekend.

My friend and sorority sister Sarah ran her first marathon this weekend.
She ran the 26.2 miles of the Chicago Marathon in 5:25:16. I am so proud of her awesome accomplishment. The whole weekend I was tweeting/stalking her, and I almost cried when she posted this photo of her.

So show Sarah some love because she is amazing!!! And she deserves all the congratulations she can get! Party on, Sarah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment