Thursday, October 11, 2012

Two Days of Pure Joy

I have been a very lucky girl lately. It's very unlike me to be so lucky.

I got to see Needtobreathe play two shows two nights in a row. Talk about luck. We (the roommate, Chelsey and I) had bought tickets to see them play in Little Rock back in May. But the roommate entered a contest to win tickets to see them in Oklahoma City, and she won.

Oklahoma City was ridiculous. Standing room only. And we were so close to the stage. I could have touched Bo if he had reached out to the crowd.
I mean seriously. I could have touched him. It was an amazing night. The opening bands were so good, and the energy was crazy.

Leaving OKC and driving the 5.5 hours back to Little Rock was a true test of character. About three hours into the drive home, I was ready to be out of the car. And by the time we got home, we had just enough time to get ready to go eat before the show.

Round 2 was just as awesome as Round 1.
They played "Cops" from their new EP that came out a few weeks ago. I was ridiculous. Jumping. Singing. Screaming. Laughing. You get the idea.
I can't tell you how much I love Needtobreathe. I just can't do it.

I am a music lover. And I have been since as far back as I can remember. My family was always in awe of my ability to memorize song lyrics and melodies at such a young age. And there was a period of time (1998-2000) where I wanted to be a "pop star."

Needtobreathe became my favorite band my senior year of college. All it took was one song. One song started the whole thing. Once I got all their music, I was hooked. Ridiculously amazing melodies. Thoughtful lyrics. And every single album that comes out is just different enough and even more genius than the last. And I like all of the old stuff just as much as the new stuff....and that's not something I say very often.
I have now seen them play live six times. And each time is more amazing the the first time. They are like a fine wine...just keeps getting better with time. Songs become more thought-provoking. Melodies become more ridiculous.

The roommate took some video that I have to share with you. I want you to have the opportunity to see what I saw. To experience the awesomeness that I experienced.
This first video is from OKC. "The Outsiders" is a song off the album The Outsiders. And there is a point in this song where my brain exploded. If you listen carefully around 1:15 you can hear me freak out because of the ridiculousness.
The second video is a new song called "Difference Maker." I had never heard it before they played it in OKC. But the roommate recorded the whole thing in Little Rock. I think we were both in shock and awe mode in OKC because of how awesome it is. And when I watched this exact version in Little Rock, I totally cried. The sounds and lyrics were just too much to handle.

I hope you enjoy. If you are new to Needtobreathe, you should definitely check them out. I can say without a doubt they are my favorite band ever. And those are big words for me.

What is your favorite band/song?

Who was the last band you saw play live? Where did you go to see them?

No comments:

Post a Comment