Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Arkansas Outside Follow-Up: Bit's 5K

I'm back at Arkansas Outside today.

I was super excited when I was asked to write a follow-up piece to "Why I Run."

And I'm pleased to tell you the Show a Lil Bit of Love for Asher Ray 5K and Baggo Tournament was a huge success.

Since my mom didn't run, I ran with one of her good friends and running buddies. Kerri is an excellent motivator, and I love getting the opportunity to run with her.
My mom and dad worked the final water station with my best friend from high school Shannon and her mom Kimble and my mom's other running buddy Lisa. Shannon tried to get me to pose. I think I did pretty good.
Overall, it was a wonderful day. And I came out of the race with some pretty nice stats.

Distance: 3.11 miles
Time: 34:35
Best Pace: 8:33
Average Pace: 11:07
Calories: 363

And I'm pretty sure Asher had a awesome time, too.
Via Maurie Alderson at Studio M Photography

So head on over to Arkansas Outside and see what I did there.

Happy Wednesday!! Party on!

No comments:

Post a Comment