Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Let me help others

I'm sorry I've been slacking on the blogging. Over the weekend I was busy and for most of this week I've not been feeling well. So now that's out of the way...

Not much has been going on...Besides the fact that Lost is my new favorite show. I've been watching it on Hulu.com with limited commercial breaks. Hulu is the best invention ever. Endless amounts of shows...and in this case every single episode of every season of Lost. AMAZING!!!

I'm thinking about becoming a volunteer for Make A Wish foundation or Habitat for Humanity. I looked over each of the volunteer forms last night, and I just don't know how to pick between the two.

Those of you who know me probably doubt my abilities to help build a house, but there are other things I can do for them. They have a media committee where I could write stuff and do things for PR purposes. I just really like the idea of building houses for those who are less fortunate than I am. I think I would be good at all of the other aspects (fundraising, recruiting, PR, etc.) and I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a little construction. :)

With Make A Wish foundation, I could be a volunteer wish granter. How awesome would that be? It would be so fulfilling to meet a child, get to know he/her, figure out how to grant the wish of their dreams and then grant it. My hopes would be that I'm so good at it and I love it so much that the organization would give me a permanent position.

I feel like I need to be doing something else with my time. I've been so active in college, and with graduation looming I need to figure out what my next step should be. While most of you probably think I should be thinking about jobs, I feel like doing something to benefit others and not necessarily myself first will lead me to the place I'm suppose to be next.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I want to do the Make A Wish thing! That would be too neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I think I would really love it. We should volunteer together. It would be great.

    ReplyDelete