Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dark Days are on the Horizon

I have officially started school. And I say this because I have a syllabus for every class. So that means what little bit of a social life I did have is now over.

Going into the semester, I knew I would have to write a 20-25 page original research paper. I did not know I would have to write a 15-20 page term paper in another class. So needlesstosay, my social life is over until May.

There is one small glimmer of hope. My birthday is two weeks away. Usually by now I am so excited people can hardly stand to be around me. This year I have planned my birthday events around my school workload. It's a sad day in paradise to admit this sorry fact. But this is how I know I have gotten old.

Birthday celebration consists of: Friday, a trip to Cajun's Wraft for too many Play-de-doughs and dancing, Saturday, a day at the horse races in Hot Springs with beer and hot dogs, and Sunday, my actual birthday, a "Superbowl/Birthday extravaganza". So it should be a pretty eventful weekend. I guess homework will be designated to Friday day and Monday. I am looking forward to it.

I hope everyone else has a better looking semester than the one that is staring at me. A much needed break in the homework pace will be provided thanks to a birthday celebration. Then it is all up hill until May. I am trying to stay optimistic, but it is tough when 40 pages of work fill the days ahead. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment