Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good things come in small packages...and at the exact right time

The other day I wrote about the new books I bought at Barnes and Nobel. Sidenote-- I finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...Amazing. But today I want to grace you with some of my musical loves. Some of them are pretty new to me, but I've found that my music taste is changing a little bit.

I still love John Mayer, Needtobreathe, Taylor Swift, Dave Matthews Band, and all the music from the 80s. For Christmas this year, my mom got me a 4-disc packet of nothing but Christmas songs. One of the songs I really loved was by Ella Fitzgerald. I loved her bluesy sound.

Yesterday while I was watching Oprah, I heard Joss Stone for the first time. Basically I was blown away. She is bluesy and soulful. So I used iTunes free listening to help me decide what songs I liked.

"Killing Time" by Joss Stone is amazing. Her voice is right on. So this morning at work, I opened my Pandora station and typed her in. All day it has been a wonderful mix of bluesy, soulful sounds. I have been so impressed. Everyone should have a listen to the Joss Stone station on Pandora.

Some songs I am into right now: (Some of these may be a little surprising)

"Killing Time" - Joss Stone
"Stay with You" - John Legend
"Down by the Water" - The Decemberists
"Valley of Tomorrow" - Needtobreathe, the Live Horses album
"Shelter" - Ray LaMontague
"Right Above It" - Lil Wayne and Drake
"I Don't Want To Be" - Gavin DeGraw (Stripped Version)
"Damn" - Novel

Mostly bluesy, soulful, sweetness...with a little bit of rap. What can I say. I love it all. Sidenote -- Taylor Swift's new cd "Speak Now" is amazing, and it has basically been in my car's cd player since I got it.

Have a listen. I hope you enjoy it. Feel free to tell me what you are listening to right now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment