Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not a Dancing Nancy

You know I know I'm sick, aside from the fact I posted all my symptoms yesterday?

I have no urge to sing or dance in the car. On a normal day, you will catch me at a stoplight singing at the top of my lungs and dancing as much as humanly possible when behind the wheel. It's not necessary to dance, but the singing happens everyday. Except for the past 4 days.

I tried to sing on my way to Little Rock Sunday afternoon. I needed some kind of motivation to get me through the hours I was going to spend in the library. I made a new CD full of dance songs including Usher's DJ's Got Us Falling in Love and More, Waka Flocka Flame's No Hands, Lil Wayne's Right Above It and Katy Perry's Firework.

So let's just say it's the perfect mix of uber-dance music. Plus it's added fun to pretend to be a hardcore rapper.

I think my sickness has moved more into my chest. I feel less pressure on my sinuses and head, which is a huge plus. But my sore throat has come back with vengeance. I guess we will have to see how this goes.

I have class tonight. I'm sure that will be interesting. A total of 12 people will have to endure my nose-blowing and hacking for three hours. Pleasant. Sorry guys. If I could help it, I would.

I felt so bad yesterday that I didn't even want to go see the cute I'm-not-sure-if-he's-married guy at Starbucks. I ended up going to get some peppermint tea, which I would hate on a normal day, to soothe my raw throat. We didn't even have our usual friendly banter, second sign to tell me I'm sick - not wanting to flirt with the cutie who makes my coffee.

The tea was good and soothing like it should have been. I kept thinking the peppermint would open my nose passages, but that proved unfruitful.

Went home, ate dinner and was in bed by 8:30 P.M.: Third sign I know I'm sick - going to bedfore 9. Sidenote---I have to get up at 5:30 A.M. to go to work. So 9 is pretty late for someone who needs all of 10 hours of sleep to function like a normal human being.

So I sit here at my desk writing this with a heavy head and an achy body. I fear it could be a while before I get back to being a dancing nancy. I'm sure it will be safer for all those driving, and I can only imagine how thankful my vocal chords are for this much needed break.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment