Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Progress Report

Happy Wednesday Friends!

I thought today would be a good day to update you on my resolutions progress. It's been 11 days since I made my resolutions, and to keep myself accountable I'm going to share progress reports with you every now and then.

  • Yay for eating out less. I've done good at cooking at home during the week. I cooked Sunday, Monday and last night. And I've made myself breakfast the past two mornings, which is a big deal since I'd much rather sleep. And I haven't eaten out for lunch this week yet. I call that a success. Let's hope I can keep it up. 
  • Yoga - I've attended classes last Tuesday, Thursday and last night. Now I had very good intentions to go on Sunday afternoon. I got ready and went in a terrible thunderstorm. And when I got there I was 25 minutes late because I thought the class started at 2:30, but it really started at 2 p.m. Needless to say, I picked up a class schedule that now lives in my purse. On a more positive note, I really enjoy yoga. I've met some nice people, and I'm learning a lot about my body had how it moves. P.S. I have sucky balance.
  • "Dressing for Success" - I'm happy to report I'm clean, made up and sporting work appropriate clothes...and I have been since Jan. 3. I'm sure my co-workers are thrilled to see my greasy bird's nest of hair on the top of my head have yet to show this year. And I plan on keeping it that way...or I should say clean bird's nest on the top of my head.
  • "Skinny" Starbucks beverages - Not my favorite resolution, but I'm making it work. I really, really hate how artificial sweeteners taste. Like really, REALLY hate it. So I either try to make the skinny latte work with an extra shot of espresso, or I just get hot tea. 
  • Bread making - Did it. Now I just have to perfect it.
  • Thesis - School starts back for me next Thursday. And I'm not looking forward to it because it's about to rule my life yet again. I have a chapter of my thesis due for a class this semester, plus my actual thesis defense where I defend my topic against a panel of faculty members of my choice. Pray for me. Every day. Seriously. 
  • Volunteering - not really sure what I had in mind when I wrote that, but I will figure something out. But wherever I end up volunteering, I'm sure I will absolutely love it. 
  • Blog redesign - Currently on hold because I want to think of a new name so I can have my own custom domain name. I really want this blog to be a www.whatevercoolnameithinkup.com. So the redesign is on hold until I come up with something clever and awesome. But it will happen.
Now let's get to the stuff I'm not really excited to talk about because I haven't been doing too hot.
  • Running - I ran one time last week. I was suppose to run Monday, but my sickness was really kicking so I decided to rest. TODAY I WILL RUN. It's not suppose to rain anymore so that's good. But if it does rain, I will run on a treadmill at my apartment's gym. I will. I have to. I must. If I don't get it together soon, I will not be ready for the Capitol City Classic 10K in April, or any other race for that matter. If you have my phone number, please call or text me every Monday, Wednesday and Friday to see if I ran that day. If you don't have my phone number, Facebook message me or tweet me. And if I say I haven't ran no matter what excuse I give, you have my full permission to yell at me in all caps.
  • Run a half marathon - My mom and I are tentatively looking at the Savannah Rock and Roll Half Marathon on Nov. 3, 2012. I think this would be perfect because I will be done with course work for graduate school. And I will miss the flaming heat at the end of summer. Or I think I will miss the flaming heat. Who wants to run with me?
  • 64 oz of water - This is the one resolution I'm struggling with the most. And it should be a piece of cake. I can't seem to down all the water, and I know I need it because of the oncoming sickness I've been feeling the last couple of days. When you text me to ask if I've ran, also ask if I drank my 64 oz. of water that day. 
I'm still not feeling 100 percent. But my sore throat is not really sore anymore. I still have a lot of drainage. And I'm doped up on Zyrtec D. I. Must. Get. Better. Before. Friday. I have to sing and dance like a fool with Boom Kinetic.

In an attempt to make myself well, I've got my army of sickness fighters.

Coffee, a banana, water and dark chocolate. I think that about does it.

If you made it to the bottom of this post, I commend you.

How are your resolutions going?

What resolutions are you struggling with so far? 

No comments:

Post a Comment