Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions and Reminiscing

Well it's January. We've made it to 2012. Holla! And I've gots lots to tell you guys since I've been away. But we will get to that in due time. Today I want to talk about my New Years Resolutions and tell you a little story about the past two New Years Eve experiences. I'm thinking story first, resolutions second. So let's go. P.S. I've missed you guys!
This is us last year (2010) on New Years Eve. It was a good time with good friends. But one unfortunate decision was made on my part that has yet to be discussed outside my group of super close friends. But since it's 2012 and I'm less embarrassed...I'm gonna tell you this funny story.

On New Years Eve 2010, we went to Cajun's to celebrate the roommate's birthday. And after one too many Play-de-doos, the speciality drink that tastes of juices but is really straight up alcohol, I thought it would be a good idea to juke around on the dance floor, which is usually always a good idea.

As I was juking around in my black dress that was fun to spin around in, I spun into a very nice looking guy. I thought hey, why not. So we started dancing it up. And then being that it was New Years and all, we smooched. Just a little kiss. NBD.

Unbeknownst to me, pretty faced guy only had one hand. Yep, just one. Now I need to clarify that I was inebriated so my decision making process was not at its best. As I juked around the dance floor some more, I realized said pretty faced guy had just the one hand. The other one was just a nub in his suede jacket.

So I started 2011 off with a kiss from a guy with a nub. Not saying that's why 2011 wasn't the best year for me, but I'm not gonna deny it either. So take that as you will. (I need to say that I have nothing against people with missing appendages. It just caught me off guard in my drunken stupor.)
This year we went back to Cajun's for the roommates birthday after we ate dinner at Yaya's in West Little Rock. I was the designated driver, but it was still a really great time. Like last year, the night was filled with dancing, Play-de-doos and too much fun. And I am happy to report my New Years Eve kiss was with a very attractive gentleman whose hands were both fully intact. Score! I think I'm starting 2012 on the right foot.

Resolutions
I have quite a few resolutions this year. All of which are things I think can be accomplished in a year's time. And I'm pretty excited about them.
  • Run a half marathon.
  • Attend yoga classes three times a week.
  • Finish my thesis by December 2012...and graduate in December 2012.
  • Eat healthier meals at home (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
  • Run on a regular basis again aka every other day.
  • Make an A in my last real graduate class.
  • Float the Buffalo.
  • Take a roadtrip.
  • See Needtobreathe and The Fray in concert.
  • Drink 64 oz. of water each day.
  • Only have "skinny" beverages at Starbucks...(I found out my favorite drink was 420 calories a pop.)
  • Bake my own bread.
  • Volunteer.
  • Figure out how to open a bakery...(this could take a few years, but I really want it to happen.)
  • "Dress for Success" for work everyday. (By this I mean hair washed, make-up on, and wearing work clothes.)
  • Reconnect with old friends/make new friends.
  • Redesign the ole blog.
For me, 2012 is about embracing the person I am right now. To be honest, I kinda like where I am. Everything is not perfect, but I'm happy. I love all the people I surround myself with, and I love the things I get to do. I'm really very lucky I get to spend time with people I care about and do things I want to do, and for that I'm so very thankful. More thankful than I can ever express.

So let's see what happens. I will be as transparent as I can be, and we'll go from there. I can't wait to see what this year brings for me. Bring it 2012. I'm ready for you.

What are your New Years Resolutions?

Tell me about a New Year's Eve kissing incident that was great or not so great.

2 comments:

  1. whoop whoop!! great new year's kiss! nice! Hopefully something will come from this kiss? IDK........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now let's just leave it as a fantastic kiss from a very attractive guy on New Years! But I'm not sad he was my first kiss of 2012. :)

    ReplyDelete