On New Years Eve 2010, we went to Cajun's to celebrate the roommate's birthday. And after one too many Play-de-doos, the speciality drink that tastes of juices but is really straight up alcohol, I thought it would be a good idea to juke around on the dance floor, which is usually always a good idea.
As I was juking around in my black dress that was fun to spin around in, I spun into a very nice looking guy. I thought hey, why not. So we started dancing it up. And then being that it was New Years and all, we smooched. Just a little kiss. NBD.
Unbeknownst to me, pretty faced guy only had one hand. Yep, just one. Now I need to clarify that I was inebriated so my decision making process was not at its best. As I juked around the dance floor some more, I realized said pretty faced guy had just the one hand. The other one was just a nub in his suede jacket.
So I started 2011 off with a kiss from a guy with a nub. Not saying that's why 2011 wasn't the best year for me, but I'm not gonna deny it either. So take that as you will. (I need to say that I have nothing against people with missing appendages. It just caught me off guard in my drunken stupor.)
I have quite a few resolutions this year. All of which are things I think can be accomplished in a year's time. And I'm pretty excited about them.
- Run a half marathon.
- Attend yoga classes three times a week.
- Finish my thesis by December 2012...and graduate in December 2012.
- Eat healthier meals at home (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Run on a regular basis again aka every other day.
- Make an A in my last real graduate class.
- Float the Buffalo.
- Take a roadtrip.
- See Needtobreathe and The Fray in concert.
- Drink 64 oz. of water each day.
- Only have "skinny" beverages at Starbucks...(I found out my favorite drink was 420 calories a pop.)
- Bake my own bread.
- Figure out how to open a bakery...(this could take a few years, but I really want it to happen.)
- "Dress for Success" for work everyday. (By this I mean hair washed, make-up on, and wearing work clothes.)
- Reconnect with old friends/make new friends.
- Redesign the ole blog.
So let's see what happens. I will be as transparent as I can be, and we'll go from there. I can't wait to see what this year brings for me. Bring it 2012. I'm ready for you.
What are your New Years Resolutions?
Tell me about a New Year's Eve kissing incident that was great or not so great.