Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I Swoon Over...

Yesterday was a big day. The reason behind that is The Fray's new album "Scars and Stories" came out.
Before yesterday, the band released to singles "Heartbeat" and "The Fighter." And let me just say I've worn both those songs out (but still absolutely love them).

But something happened on my drive to work this morning. I had a musical epiphany when I heard the song "Rainy Zurich." Not kidding. A musical epiphany. It is the most beautiful song. And I love how it makes me feel. I can't even begin to explain it. Just listen.
"I'll keep you warm dancing in downpour. And I will hold your body slowly turning. I'll keep you warm dancing in a downpour. Breathe it in, take it off and soak our skin."

I am in love with this song. So deeply in love with it.

Basically I'm telling you to go buy this. And listen to it on repeat. Forever.

Before the musical epiphany in the car this morning, I had a moment while getting ready for work when listening to Dave Matthews Band. "All Along the Watchtower" is definitely something to swoon over. Cannot. Handle. It. Ever. Not. One. Time.

Music is something I love. And awhile back, I updated my Facebook profile's "About Me" section to being about music and melodies. Sometimes melodies say more about me than I could ever say about myself. It's hard to explain. But if you get it, you get it. And I feel sorry for the people who don't get gooey feelings in their stomachs over an amazing lyric or a musical riff.

Does anyone else feel this way about music?

What lyrics or melodies define you?

No comments:

Post a Comment