Thursday, February 9, 2012

Never in a Million Years

First, I have a confession. I have only ran once this week, and I have done zero yoga. Sigh. In my defense (not that it really matters), I have been doing fridiculous amounts of homework in the evenings. With my birthday falling on a Monday and having something to do every night last weekend, homework took a serious backseat, which is not the norm. No worries. I'm caught up.

I'm unfortunately not caught up on grocery shopping, but I did find some good things to throw into a stir fry last night.
In this mix was short grain brown rice, steamed broccoli, corn, edamame and one egg. I threw the egg in on a whim (trying to be like my mom), and it was pretty tasty. And it gave me some added protein.

On a different note, I've been feeling pretty stressed this week. With the birthday, extreme amounts of homework and stressful projects at work, I feel like I've spread myself pretty thin the past few weeks. I'm finding myself with tense shoulders, a furrowed brow and more frequent break-outs. Why does the face always break out when stress sets in? Makes me more stressed, which fuels the vicious cycle of tension, forehead wrinkles and break-outs.

As I was perusing the World Wide Web, I came across this verse from the Message Bible.
"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life." Philippians 4:6-7

I'm thinking it should be my new mantra whenever I feel stressed, or just all the time.

Switching gears: We all know my least favorite Holiday is approaching *ahem Valentine's Day.* Even though I'll actually have a Valentine this year, I'm still not sure how I feel about the whole required-to-show-affection day. My heart is with the single people of the world, I guess.

I am going to make a little something special for my Valentine, and we will be seeing each other this weekend. But as a little treat, I thought we could all look back to last year's Valentine's Day post to see exactly what I think about it.

I'm still have no idea what to get a guy for Valentine's Day. And I still loathe conversation hearts and creepy stuffed animals. And I still really dislike the idea of feeling forced to conform to society's "love day." And I still think the actual story of St. Valentine is better than any modern day love story.

But maybe my Valentine can help sway my train of thought away from such pessimism. Like I said a year ago, I am a hopeless romantic, and I do like to be wooed. But wooing shouldn't take place on a designated day.

More on this Valentine's thing later. For all I know, I could be completely wooed and made to love Valentine's Day....We shall see. Whatever happens, I know this Valentine's Day will be different than all previous Valentine's Days, which I'm most excited about.

I am handcrafting a little something, and I may or may not be flexing my baking skills (which I never in a million years thought I would do around Valentine's Day..and by that I mean crafting something for a special someone.) Who am I?

Tell me about your Valentine's history. Good or bad, I want to know.

What does one get a boy for Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment