Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Winnie and Things

Yesterday was just an all around sad day. Two of my sorority sisters lost their dads; one on Friday night and the other yesterday afternoon. I'm having a really hard time coping with it because they are my age and burying a parent. I can't imagine what they are going through, and my heart just aches for them during this time.

Hug everyone that is dear to you every single chance you get. Tell them you love them every single time you are leaving each other or hanging up the phone. And cherish the time you get to spend with people who truly care about you.

In hopes of cheering myself up and finding encouraging words to say, I looked up Winnie the Pooh quotes. Winnie is a profound little honey bear.

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart, I'll always be with you."

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."

"If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

"I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

I love Winnie the Pooh and all his profound thoughts. All too good if you ask me.

In other news...
The Redneck coffee cup is back. I did use the Saran wrap to cover the top since I still haven't found a lid. But I'm being good by not showing you. You're welcome.

Breakfast this morning is a little one.
A Cashew Cookie Larabar and two cuties. So good. The perfect accompaniment to my giant cup of coffee.

I'll finish the rest of this post like so...

  • I'm going to hot yoga tonight. And this time I will got at the right time, unlike last time. 
  • No Online Post 5 to do for school this week. But the downfall is I have to go to class. Blah. Grad school is stupid. 
  • Must. Drink. More. Water.
  • 10K is Saturday morning. Crazy how time flies. Pretty soon it will be December, and I'll be recapping St. Jude's half marathon. Expect a race recap for the 10K on Tuesday...or before if you're lucky.
  • Easter weekend is upon us. And one of my favorite cousins is turning 40 on Easter Sunday. I can't wait to see her and celebrate both special occasions. 
What are some of your favorite quotes? (Doesn't have to be a Winnie quote...just any you love.)
A few others of mine are....

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope I would not have a single bit of talent left, so I could say 'I used everything you gave me.'" - Erma Bombeck

No comments:

Post a Comment