Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Popcorn Snack

What up, peeps? Lots of things have happened over this weekend. And some of those things includes HOMEWORK x 1000. But we will get to that later.

First, I want to flaunt some tasty food I had over the course of the last few days.
Beef tips and rice happened last night. I used just the right amount of wine, and I turned the crock pot on high all day long. It was perfect. Get the recipe here.
Eggplant lasagna, roasted broccoli and cheesy bread happened Monday night. Best ever. Hands down. I'm having that for lunch today. So so good. Get the recipe here

I have a new recipe to share with you. I think you will be pleased with my newest creation.

Popcorn Snack
1/4 C. white popcorn kernels
2 T. canola oil
Black pepper
Parmesan cheese
In a big pot, heat the oil on medium high heat and add three kernels. Cover with a lid. Once the first kernel pops, add the rest of the kernels. Gently shake the pot back and forth on the stove to keep the popcorn from burning. 

Once the last kernels have popped, turn the heat off and dump the popcorn into a bowl. Top with liberal amounts of black pepper and Parmesan cheese. 

Y'all. This popcorn is like crack-cocaine. Totally delicious and addictive. I feel like I'll be making it all the time...as should you. Seriously, pop your corn on the stove. It makes all the difference. And you can decide what toppings to add. The variations are endless. 

In other news...
My mom and her awesome friends ran a half-marathon in Jonesboro this weekend. The boyfriend and I were there for moral support. Yippie! I'm so proud of them. :)

And...
My new shoes came in. So. Freaking. Cute. I be rocking these with style very soon. 

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment