Friday, August 10, 2012

Obsessions

I love iced soy chia tea lattes from Starbucks.
I thought I had kicked my Starbucks addiction, or least had it in a more managable state. But then my friend Casondra came to visit, and she introduced me to soy chia tea lattes on ice. They taste like fall. It's cool, creamy and perfectly spiced. Oy, I want one right now. Anyone have a Starbucks gift card they aren't using?? I will gladly take it off your hands.

Another recent obession, well it's really not an obsession since I already loved them so much, is the ole sweet potato. I have two sweet potato recipes you must try. I'll share one today and the other tomorrow.

Breakfast Sweet Potato Hash

What you need:
1 onion
1 bell pepper, color of your choice
2 garlic cloves
1 medium sweet potato
2 T. coconut oil, or whatever oil you want to use
1-2 eggs
Salt and pepper

Dice up the onion, garlic, bell pepper and sweet potato into small pieces. This will help it all cook fast and at the same time. Heat the coconut oil on medium high heat in a saute pan. Toss in the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Cover for 5-7 minutes so veggies steam. Remove the lid and cook on medium high heat until veggies begin to brown up. Remove from pan and set aside.

Add a little more oil to the pan. Crack an egg. Cook the egg to your liking. I let the yolk stay runny, which I would recommend because it gives the hash a nice yolky deliciousness.

I know what you're probably thinking...I don't want sweet potato as a hash brown. But it is so good with the onion and peppers and eggs.

This recipe would serve two people modestly, or one hungry person. So if you have more people than that just make more. This hash could also be served as a side dish. It is so yummy.

****Running Update****

I have been running. Hills. Speedwork. Long runs. The whole nine. Getting ready for official St. Jude training.

BTW, I have raised $715 for the St. Jude Heros Program. You can donate online or send a check to support me and my quest to help the children at St. Jude's Hospital. Please help me reach my $1,000 goal.

Doing a long run tomorrow morning. If you wanna run with me, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment