Monday, August 20, 2012

Florida 2013

It's here. It's here. The time is finally here. I can officially tell you that I am going to Florida next summer.
In exactly 306 days, I will be on the beach for seven days straight. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Clearly I'm overjoyed by this thought.

I love the beach. Probably more than any other place I've ever been to...And I did travel to England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France one summer in high school. The trip was beautiful, but there is just something about the white sand beaches and clear water that scream HOME to me. Pretty sure in another life I could have been a sea creature.

For this little vacation, I am starting the saving process early. Check it out.
Florida Fundraising 2013: Save all change. No change left behind. Pennies in one jar. Silvers in another. If anyone has change that they feel is a nuisance I would be happy to take it off your hands. Change adds up people. And I'm taking full advantage of that fact.

In other news:

I visited this sweet girl and her momma last week.
Could she be any cuter...I think not! Aubrey is growing up so fast. Here is a look back to the day she was born. Really happy day that was for all of us.

While I was home this weekend, I did a hill workout with my mom and her running buddies Kerri and Lisa. There is one hill in Stuttgart....which I should mention is an overpass.
Up and over twice with a little over half a mile warm up.

Here are my stats:
Distance: 3.35 miles
Time: 40:07
Best Pace: 9:46
Average Pace: 11:58
Calories: 385

The first up and over was good. I felt good. Minor calf tightness. But once I got loose and into my stride, I felt good. The second up I started to feel it. Coming back on my finishing up and over, I thought for sure I was gonna die and be left to rice hull eating rats that are as big as cats. Thankfully Kerri stayed with me out of the goodness of her heart.

It felt good to get out there and moving. I think it cleared my mind of some the fog I've been in here lately. Running is the best mind clearer.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Tell me something good.

What are your plans for the weekend?
I'm attending the Arkansas Women Bloggers Unplugged Retreat and Conference this weekend. Pretty thrilled to get out there and meet and greet some new people. And I can't wait to learn a lot about blogging. This could be really great for me right now. Send some prayers up please.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome! I can't believe Aubrey is already 1! I feel like I know her! Also, bring me back any cool ideas or thoughts from the blogging conference friend! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete