Last week was Chemo Round 5 for this sweet girl. And she came through just fine. It's crazy that we have to keep her entertained while she gets chemo. And I'm so thankful she can go to Camp Wannaplay during her treatment since she can't go when her count gets super low.
She is going in for clinic tomorrow and getting her second round of scans to check her progress. Last time we got good news. And I can only hope for the same this time. Please say lots and lots of prayers for this sassy lady because The Big Guy will hear us. And He has heard us.
Approaching Joy, there has been an increase in readers on some of the Asher posts. So I thought it would be nice to do a post round-up so you can have the story all in one place.
- The First One: A Call for Prayer Warriors
- A Heartfelt Thank You: Written because of the outpouring of love from family, friends and strangers
- Two Major Things: Explains her treatment plan and how to give
- Round One is Over: Chemo round one recap
- Low White Blood Count: The first bount with neutropenia
- Pixie Hairs Everywhere: The first signs of hair loss
- Self Reflections: The shaved head and my thoughts about it all to that point
- Prayer Warrior T-Shirts: How to get one...and we will have ways to get more soon
Dealing with childhood cancer is the biggest test of faith and patience. Each day is a journey within the journey. A test of true character. A learning experience. But it's also a showcase of unconditional love for this little girl. And one of many ways to show God's grace and healing power.
If you are new to the this blog and Asher's story, I hope that you will like The Brooklyn Project on Facebook so you can keep up with her journey on a daily basis.
But we have ways you can get involved directly if you feel the urge.
Sign up for the Show a Lil "Bit" of Love for Asher Ray 5K Run/Walk and Baggo Tournament. If you want a registration form, leave a comment at the end of this post, and I will send you one.