Tuesday, March 22, 2011

One Fine Day

So I had a successful day at the zoo Sunday. One of the best days I've had in a while. I've got some highlights of my little trip. I provided some commentary of my thoughts and views from the animals perspective. Something about giving animals human attributes makes it much more fun.

This is Karen. I'm pretty sure Karen is a male, but when I saw him my mind said "Your name is Karen." He gave me some pretty great poses. I think this one really captured the essences of Karen. Look at those lashes!


This is Ernest. He did not like the fact that I put my iPhone in his face to take a photo. I loved the ways his eyes look, even if it's kinda strange and maybe a little gross with all those knots. Regardless, he is a very handsome pelican.

My most favorite: The Penguin. I was all too happy to watch these little guys swim. The Little Rock Zoo has a total of nine penguins so far. They hope to have baby penguins in the future. This African penguin loved to show off for the crowd and get his picture taken.

This is Bo, the Sloth Bear. When this picture was taken, he was in the middle of his daily exercise routine. I watched him flex his paws and lean over to touch his head down to his feet. This was the oh-so-important neck stretch. Pretty photogenic, if you ask me.


This is Camille. She enjoys sitting in the shade while all the roosters and chickens walk around acting like fools. She's a goose and wants nothing to do with the poultry. Camille is a bit diva-ish with her flowery feathers, but that is what makes her such a looker, don't ya think?




Pinnacle Mountain was saved for later in the afternoon. Probably not the best idea since it was so hot. I have officially gotten my first sunburn out of the way. But I burned in some strange places. I'm pretty sure I will have Farmer's Tan and a sweet line from my V-neck shirt on my chest. Great. I love the hodge-podge of suntan lines. But I think the view was totally worth it.



The best view in Arkansas. The top of Pinnacle Mountain is one of my favorite places. The only thing that could top it is a beach. But I'm not complaining. The perfect view to end the perfect day.


I hope you liked the zoo pictures. I am going to try to do better about posting photos. I love looking at photos so I should do better about sharing some of mine.


Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment