Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Starbucks Can Have Creepers

So I didn't have time to post today at work, and I wasn't planning on posting today because I always need to recap before class, which starts at 6 P.M. But this couldn't wait until tomorrow. It is one of those things that needed to be shared immediately after it happened. So here it is...

I am a frequenter of Starbucks. And I am one of those people who like to go to a particular Starbucks. I love being able to form bonds with the people who help fuel my daily caffeine addiction. But today something different happened. It seemed like a normal trip to Starbucks, but it turned out to be pretty creepy.

It starts with my choice of outfit today. Since I've been working later in the day, I get to come in later in the mornings. So I didn't have to be at work until 10:30 A.M. today. So I had time to get up, shower, pick an outfit, do my make-up and fix my hair. I must admit it was one of my better days (not to toot my own horn).

I chose to wear a new outfit consisting of a cute light-weight black and white striped sweather and black ankle dress pants with black patent heels (which are work appropriate). I did the "sorority poof" with my hair and a little teasing of the bangs to keep them from being unruly, and I did my usual make-up routine. NOTE---I usually dress up for work and wear make-up. The hair is a rarity since I don't have time to poof it to my liking at my usual time I get ready.

I received a lot of compliments at work today from my beautiful co-workers. But it wasn't out of the ordinary since they are a loving bunch that dish out compliments on the reg. But today was different...I blame the hair.

Back to Starbucks...I go there every day before class so I can stay awake during a two and a half hour lecture. Today was no different. I came through the door, walked up to the counter and ordered my usual. The Barista a.k.a. Cloud Jacobs-look-a-like took my order and wished me a good rest of the day.

I walk over the area where everyone waits to get drinks. As I am waiting, I notice a couple curled up on the couch staring at me. I take a quick look their way, see them snuggled up, silently gag to myself because they look like any other couple into PDAs and move on. But it was weird because I could feel them staring at me.

Barista No. 2 hands me my drink, and I make a beeline for the door. Just as I'm halfway to my car and think I am scott-free I hear a girl yelling at me, "Miss!! Miss!!!"

I turn around, and it's the girl from the couch. She asks me where I got my shirt. I point to the store across the way showing her. She proceeds to tell me I am the best dressed girl in Little Rock that she has seen, that she just moved here from Fairfield Bay, and that she was dressed down because she had doctors' appointments all day.

I say okkkaaaayyyyy. And I try not to be creeped out and be as nice as I can be....but my creep-o-meter is flashing off the wall.

She continues with the following:

"OMG, you are just the prettiest girl I have ever seen. Me and my brother were talking about you the whole time you were in Starbucks. Did you see my brother? He was the one I was cuddled up to because we were trying to get your attention and make you jealous because you know that works in making girls jealous, right? So where are you from? What are you doing here? How old are you? I just love you. You are just so pretty. I mean my brother wanted to talk to you, but he doesn't know how to come up to girls. And you just look so great and pretty. So I was like watch this, I will go talk to her for you. So did you see him? By the way my name is Leah."

I was completely overwhelmed and a little freaked out to say the least.

First, the brother-sister duo cuddled up to try to make me jealous. So many things are wrong with that besides the obvious.

1. Brothers and sisters should not cuddle in a public and/or private setting. That is just weird.
2. Cuddling on a couch in Starbucks is not the best way to get girls.

Second, she kept wanting to know all about what I was doing, where I was going, where I came from, where I lived, where I worked, how old I was, etc. All personal things that you don't tell a person who stares at you in Starbucks and chases you out of the place.

Third, if the brother was interested he needs to grow some gonads and approach me himself. There is nothing worse than a guy who isn't confident enough to come up to girl on his own. (Not that this guy would have gotten a good response since he was cuddled up on the couch with his SISTER!!)

Moral: The total package (A.K.A hair, make-up and dress clothes) should be worn with caution. Be ready for anything to come your way, even if it is a creepy set of siblings.

I guess next time I will have to leave one thing out. Example: Hair and make-up with jeans and a t-shirt. or dress clothes with make-up and straight hair. (This is usually what I would look like...and nobody creepy approaches me like this).

But it would have been great if my total package had attracted a Rob Pattinson or a John Mayer or something of that nature...but noooooo I attract creepy siblings.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. This is the very reason people outside of the south think we are all inbreeders...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! And these kinds of happenings are frequent in my life. How unfortunate for me!

    ReplyDelete