Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Morning Sunshine

I should say Morning NO sunshine. Arkansas is known for its ever-changing weather craziness. In the winter, it's freaking cold with snow and ice. In the summer, it's 114 degrees with little rain. The only truly nice times of year are spring and fall, and those seasons don't stick around long enough.

The view from my balcony this morning was pretty creepy.

And the view didn't get much better on my way to work.
See the sunny line across the sky.

P.S. Don't take pictures while you drive. It's really not a good idea. Sorry Mom. I promise I won't do it again.

Once I got to the office, fat rain drops were starting to fall. So I came on inside to avoid the rainy weather. We are having a training session about budgets (yawn) at our office this week, but there is one good thing that comes from it.

Free food.

The office paid for our breakfast and lunch since they are torturing everyone with the expection of Tiffany and me. (We don't have budgets of our own, which is probably for the best.) But we are reaping the benefits of the training session A.K.A the free food.

This morning's breakfast:
Blueberry bagel with butta. Something about a nice smear of "heart healthy" butta makes everything better. It's just so simple and delish. I want another one just thinking about it. Sigh.

Switching gears: Let's talk running.

Last night, Logan, Lindsay, the roommate and I ran 25 minutes. The roommate and Lindsay had a pretty good run, while Logan and I almost died. Logan was running fever while she was running. I, on the other hand, have no excuse.

The humidity was OUT OF CONTROL. It was so sticky and unbearable that I could never get my breathing down to a comfortable, manageable level. I started out strong, but finished weak.

The only think I can think of that would cause me to have such a reaction was not drinking enough water. Which I didn't do very good yesterday.

I'm praying for a redeeming run on Thursday. We are down to the end. All our runs are 25 minutes, 28 minutes and 30 minutes. So it's not like I can catch a break. And the heat's not helping. Send up a pray to The Big Guy for me. And one for Logan, too, so she won't get sick.

Do you ever have training sessions at work? Do you take advantage of office supplied food?

What was your workout like yesterday?

No comments:

Post a Comment