Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up


After our run last night, I was blessed to see this sight. Pictures don't do it justice, but it is still really beautiful.

How is it on the hottest day of the year so far we decided to run? Not kidding it was hot. My phone said one thing, but Todd said another.


Yeah you read that right. 106 in Little Rock yesterday with a heat index of 120. HOT as H. It was so hot that we changed our running routine from this
To this.

But it was perfect. Hot, but perfect. Not too much to handle in the blazing heat. Logan, the roommate and I had a lot of good conversation since we had a very entertaining weekend.

A weekend consisting of a very late night out, an insanely d-baggish of a boy throwing around weird phrasing that included "raging" (whatever that means) and a detrimental phone number exchange. But that is a whole other blog post. (Don't worry...It's coming soon with all its gory details.)

On a different note, I finally got my madre's Garmin running watch. That thing is the bomb.com for realz. We used it when we did the 10.3.10 run, and here are some of the roommate and my stats.

33:00 minute run. 2.37 miles. 11:30 - 13:00 pace. Hot as H. It told me a lot of other stuff I just can't remember what it said. But I loved not having to hold anything while running. I usually carry my iPhone with me so we can listen to Todd (the voice on my Couch to 5K app...Yes I named him Todd.) tell us when to run and walk.

But with Todd becoming less frequent of a character during our runs (since we barely walk anymore), I loved having my hands free to keep sweat from stinging my eyes.

But before we ran with the Garmin, the roommate and I ran the Big Dam Bridge for the first time since we started this whole thing.

We ran all the way to the other side and then some.

Then we ran back.

And on a really random note, we saw the Griswolds' station wagon in the Heights neighborhood while trying to find an easier way to the Big Dam Bridge on the Little Rock side.

I think that makes for a pretty good day. Or I should say past couple of days. Or weekend. Whatever.

Hope y'all have a Happy Happy Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment