Friday, August 26, 2011

Stress Would Not Exist at the Beach



I've been through the ringer at work this week. It's be cray cray for realz. So bad that I woke up this morning feeling stressed and out of sorts. And I haven't been able to shake that feeling all day. Sigh. And let's not even talk about school and how my thesis advisor has yet to respond to an urgent e-mail. Double sigh.

Let's not go there. Let's go to the happy place. The beach.

I spent my days like this:
I'd start out in the chair.
Let the water lap at my toes.
Then I'd move to the beach blanket to sun my extremely white back. And take naps. Which is what happened in this picture. I'm pretty sure I drooled on my towel. Not that it matters. I was at the beach. Don't judge me.

I also had a little "accident" with the condo's coffee maker. And by accident I mean it exploded. Coffee exploded out the top and down the side and all over the counter. It was molten lava hot coffee. So after that, the roommate and I ventured out for our morning joe.


A champion breakfast of cinnamon raisin french toast and hashbrowns were also consumed during a coffee outing one morning.

Nobody was upset that the toast slices were as big as my face. And pure heaven. I'm pretty sure Jesus had a hand in creating this breakfast. Thank you Lord.

I also got to see a real live sea creature.
This little beauty washed ashore. And I have no idea what it is. It's little legs would fall off when we touched it. And it was slimy and mushy. But still a sea creature. Pretty cool.

I need to go back to this happy place to recover from my horrid work week.

But instead I will brave the grocery store and Wal-Mart because I have nan food. Or shampoo. Or conditioner. Or soap. Or detergent. So basically I stink. Ha. Just kidding. But this shopping trip MUST happen today.

I'm going to make eggplant lasagna tonight for dinner and go for an evening run. After yesterday and today, I need to pound out the pavement and get rid of this stress. Pray for a good run.

What are your plans for the weekend?
~~~I am going to sleep later than 7:15 in the morning. Drink coffee out of my new "Life is Good mug." And maybe clean the apartment...maybe.

What do you do to de-stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment