Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Go, Go, Go

You know those kind of days where you wake up and have no energy or motivation to do anything? Yeah, I had one of those yesterday. Work crawled by. I swear all the clocks were broken. But once I got out of there, things seemed to start looking up.

I met the roommate and Casondra at my favorite Starbucks. Thank you Starbucks for bringing back the Pumpkin Spice Latte. This little gesture means that my most favorite coffee treat, the Caramel Brulee Latte, will be re-introduced very soon. Ah, Starbucks Christmas coffee favorites. My heart's aflutter just thinking about that.

After the coffee stop, I went home to eat some dinner and read some chapters from my dreaded PR books. Dinner last night was leftovers from a meal I had when I went home to the Sugtown.

My mother made homemade beef tips and rice. Now for those of you who don't know my mother, eating at our house is a very special thing. That woman can cook like nobody's business. And this is one of my favorite things she makes. 

Roast beef cooked in a crockpot with red wine, beef broth, big chunks of onions and sliced mushrooms. It was delish when I ate it the other day, but the leftovers were yummy. I ate everything you see. Even the table runner, vase and parts of the table top. Just kidding. But I did eat the peach for dessert.

After dinner, I did some more reading and a little watching of The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan. Why don't they ever play the classic verison of that movie? I mean it is just as good, if not better. But I'm partial to the classic version because I watched it a lot as a child.

Then the mother of this little lady came to stay the night at the house last night.

I'd post a picture of her momma, but they look just alike, although Jodi has hair and Aubrey has baby hair. Look how cute she is.

Jodi is in graduate school at my alma mater. She is trying to finish up. She has a night class on Tuesdays and an early morning class on Wednesdays. So it makes perfect sense for her to crash at the house so she doesn't have to drive three hours in a very short time span.

We stayed up way too late talking about everything we've been meaning to catch up on. And I didn't get to bed until midnight. But it was worth it. Quality friend time is important people. Very important.

The midnight bedtime made the morning come all too soon. Nobody wants to get up when it is still dark outside. WTF?

On a pleasant note, it feels wonderful outside today.
Running tonight should be cake after those heat runs we suffered through earlier in the summer. After my 5 mile run, the roommate is thinking of trying her hand at a 5-miler. I'll let you know how things go.

Have a fab Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment