Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Today's the Day

***Needtobreathe's new album "The Reckoning" is out. So go buy it. This morning I created a brilliant plan to go to Target on a work related errand to purchase batteries for my camera...and to pick up the CD. Brilliant right? Wrong. Target doesn't have it. So I'm still without it, but I will get it TODAY. (Needtobreathe did not ask me to promote their new album, and they do not know me in any way. I just love them and their music and want to share it with you.)***

Now that I got that out of my system, I can move on to The Freaking Weekend Recap.

I went to the movies a lot this weekend. I have a friend who is a manager of the theater, and she gives us the hook-up. (THANK YOU, C.) The roommate, Zach and I got to go in the projection room while C started some movies in other auditoriums, which people in the movie biz call houses. Here is the snapshot of what happened.


There are no reels. No ticker tape. Everything is digital, which sort of takes away from movie nostalgia. But that didn't stop us. Luckily for your viewing pleasure, there was a life-size movie poster thingy...because you know that is the technical term.



I was drawn to the fancy headdress. Clearly I should take up staring as a hobby. I mean that is true focus.

I had my first experience with 3D movies. Yep. The Lion King in 3D is something to see. Go. Do. That. Now. I mean it. Take off work. Skip school. Just go see the glory of classic Disney in 3D.


I don't think we could have been more excited. P.S. the glasses were made for children, but clearly work for us. They had Simba on them. #badass

Everyone in the movie was 20-35. Maybe a few kids, but mostly adults. Very excited adults.

Yesterday, I had a craving for macaroni and cheese. So I had to listen. Who would have thought I would submit to peer pressure from myself? Awesome.
HOLY COW. That crap is good good. Plus it was a reward for doing the homework and going to the library. I can prove that I was there.


Explain to me how the best microfilm machine is out of order. I realize there are three more for me to use, but how is the best one going to break?

I did start the gathering of information for the thesis. And I have to start working on my non-profit PR project this week. It has to happen. Welcome back to school.

How was your weekend?

Are you a procastinator? Or do you manage your time well?

No comments:

Post a Comment