Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's the Freaking Weekend Recap

Big weekend happened. Boom Kinetic was back in town. My friend Halee got married. And I had one good run and one bad run. So let's get started, shall we?




The creepy pictures return. You know how much I love to take pictures that really showcase us as people. I think Zach really takes the cake. He looks much like a weirdo stalker, but we love him. And he is not a weirdo stalker.



Do I need to explain how I got so close to Boom Kinetic? Front row baby! We were so close that the guitar player and I had a conversation about playing "Love and Reason." It is my favorite Boom Kinetic song, and I danced like a complete fool.

The dancing got a little out of control, but not on my part. The girl standing next to me basically raped me. I had to use my super sharp elbows to ward her off of me, but she didn't get the picture. She just kept shaking her tailfeather right up against me. NOT COOL.


I had one good run and one bad run. While the times don't look like too much of a difference, I definitely struggled. For 25 minutes of my bad run, I ran with my hand jabbed into my side. Everytime I tried to run without the jabbing I felt like I was dying.


And it shows. My pace was a minute slower than my good run. And I was 5 minutes later. But I did it. And that's all that matters. I'm in the process of fueling for my run tonight. By fueling, I mean drinking water and eating the 9847592 snacks I brought to work today, but most people would call those snacks lunch. I'm sure I'll be starving by 3 P.M.

On the menu today: Leftover Quinoa Vegetable Soup, celery sticks with peanut butter, carrot sticks with spicy hummus, pita chips, Caramel Nut Brownie Luna bar, Pumpkin Walnut muffins and lots and lots of water.

I wish I could say the Quinoa Vegetable Soup was something I came up with, but it's not. I read lots of blogs on a daily basis, and I recently discovered Chelsey's blog Clean Eating Chelsey through a guest post on someone else's blog (I can't remember whose blog she wrote a guest post for...My memory...Yikes.)

You can get Chelsey's Quinoa Vegetable Soup recipe here. This recipe is vegan and gluten-free, just FYI. If you are looking for a healthy veggie soup recipe that is delicious and good for you, this one is it.

What did you do this weekend?

When do you start making Fall-ish foods? Soups, Pumpkin bread, etc?
It's never too early for Fall-ish foods at my house. I love the smell of soup on the stove and pumpkin bread in the oven. It screams Thanksgiving, comfort and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment