Thursday, September 15, 2011

Holy Toledo Batman!

Something amazing has happened. Bear from my all-time favorite band Needtobreathe is following me on Twitter.
Bearrinehart3 follows ashtenbrook. WHAT?!?!?! Holy Cowssssss!!! This is a big big deal. First, he is beautiful. Second, he sings like an angel. And third, he follows ME on Twitter.

To the makers of Twitter, thank you. My life is now complete. Bear Rinehart follows me. Holla!! (P.S. 5 days until "The Reckoning" comes out. Needtobreathe, I'll be ready, as will my car's CD player.)

Last night's run looked a lot like this.

I. Was. Tired. End of story. Ok, not really. But I kicked my own butt last night for reals.

Now let me just tell you that I run slow. But don't worry, I'm working on it. Slow seems to be a pace that my body understands. Last night it wouldn't have mattered if I ran fast or slow because I legs, specifically calves and ankles, hurt like the dickins. So much so that I contemplated quitting before the end of my first 10 minutes and then again once I completed my first mile.

Two things happened last night that were different than before. 1) I ran my fastest 3 miles to date (Don't make fun of the time...It's not about how fast...it's the fact that I did it.) and 2) I lapped someone...twice.


I'm trying to work my way into the 11s, but it's just so hard trying to keep an 11-something pace going up the mammoth that we shall call the Big Dam Bridge. By the way, my best time, the 9:18, came from the going down the side of the mammoth bridge. Ah, gravity. Thank you for boosting my self-esteem...for a few minutes.

And when I said earlier that I lapped someone, it did happen. I don't think it should matter that they were walking. I still blew by them like the wind. Or a light breeze....Either way I think this should count for something.

What have you been doing this week when it comes to working it out?

If you could listen to one band for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Definitely Needtobreathe. Hands down. They have basically been in my CD player since I discovered them in 2009.

1 comment:

  1. If I could listen to a band, it would have to be.... William McDowell's group but who knows?!?!

    ReplyDelete