Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ponytails and Body Glide: A Celebration of Running

We did something last night. Logan, Lindsay, the roommate and I ran 2.5 miles in 20 minutes.

2.5 miles in 20 minutes. 2.5 MILES IN 20 MINUTES!!!!! Hello, that is a big deal. We deserve a major award. (Too bad it can't be a leg lamp like the major award from A Christmas Story...because I already have one. But that is a different story for another day.)

So let me give you a quick run down of last night: We arrived at Murray Park at 7:30 P.M. We chose to run at Murray Park because we knew how far it was thanks to the Do Life 5K we ran earlier this month. We decided on a 20 minute non-stop run to see how far we could go during that set time.

We ran. And we ran. And we ran. And we ran. At the halfway point, we turned around. And we ran. And we ran. And we ran. All the way to the where we started.

When it was over we felt great. And sort of looked like this, expect my mom wasn't there.
Lindsay mapped our route in the car on the way home. And it was 2.5 miles. HOLLA.

So in celebration of this new running accomplishment (and feelings of Badassness), I have decided to give you a full recap on this whole running journey.

Without further ado...
So there it is: Two months of sweating and schmoozing my friends to run with me every other day. Seventeen posts about being terrified of changing the running routine, loving the good runs, hating the bad runs, preaching about new shoes, crying over sore muscles and fellowshipping with three awesome people who can tolerate me yelling encouraging words the entire time our feet hit the pavement.

I love it. I'm so proud. I can't wait to share more of it with you.

Tell me about a recent accomplishment you've had. (Feel free to comment on the blog. I've changed some settings to hopefully make it easier for you.)

6 comments:

  1. Hooray! So proud of you ps! My most recent accomplishment has been putting up picture frames on my wall after two months of living here... it's the little things that make a place homey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to burst your bubble, but the world record for running a marathon (26.2 miles) for a woman is 2 hours and 15 minutes. So I doubt you beat that. I'd be willing to bet you ran more like 2.5 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annnd I just realized you said two point five, but you can't see the period with the font here. Sorry! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The women's marathon world record marathon time is about 2 hours and 15 minutes so I think you've got quite a typo there. In any case, it's a hell of a lot more impressive than hanging up a bunch of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is an entire Twitter conversation about this post because some ppl aren't seeing the dot of 2.5 miles and they think that you are saying you all ran 25 (almost 30) miles in 20 minutes. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. There is no way I can run 25 miles in 20 minutes. CORRECTION: 2 POINT 5 miles in 20 minutes. So sorry for the confusion. :/

    ReplyDelete