Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Little Game of Touch and Go

This morning has been touch and go. And let me tell you why.

Touch: Nobody wants to get up. Period. End of story. It's become a problem.

Go: I had a healthy, delicious breakfast this morning.
Peanut butter and banana sprinkled with pumpkin pie spice on a 100 calorie English muffin. YUMMY!

Touch: It's freaking windy.

Go: But it feels great outside.
I'm suppose to run this afternoon. Hopefully I can get Logan to go with me (ahem, Logan needs to run again). But I don't think I can tell you how freaking windy it is. Blustery might be a more appropriate term.

I need to run. I have to run. I'm training. I have to run. I want to run. I need to run.

Touch: I woke up with a headache. NBD. I get those sometimes, but this one is the size of an elephant sitting on my tiny skill cap.

Go: CAFFINE AND ADVIL! Two of the worlds greatest miracle drugs.

Touch: It's freaking windy, which makes me not want to run.

Go: I found some really great quotes on Pinterest to keep us me going.

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run." - John Bingham

Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I will not run like someone running aimlessly.
1 Corinthians 9:25-26

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

"The hardest step for a runner is the first one out of the front door." - Anonymous

Sidenote---I watched a movie about Steve Prefontaine one day. I was really into it, feeling inspired. And then he gets in a car wreck and dies. I was so upset. More angry than upset. Such a true talent. What a shame.

So the quote he said above is about running, but it can be applied ot any part of your life.

Another sidenote---I'm feeling much better now that I've shared with you all about my touch and go day thus far. I'm hopeful it will be a GO day for the rest of the day.

What are some of your favorite inspirational quotes?

How do you handle touch-and-go days?

No comments:

Post a Comment