Thursday, November 10, 2011

Shoulds V. Wants

I've been struggling here recently with juggling stuff I should do and stuff I want to do. I've broken it into three specific categories so ju guys can see it.

Stuff I should do No. 1: Homework



So much to do in so little time. I've really had a hard time with self-motivation this semester. It had to be taking the summer off. I settled into my lazy ways of watching too many movies, cooking delicious food and doing whatever I wanted. School started back, and I didn't really jump on the bandwagon. So now I'm sprinting to catch up with school, while trying to keep up with my social life. It's very tiring.

Stuff I want to do No. 1: Running
I ran yesterday after work. I didn't want to because of the wind and the cold. But I had the best 3 miles ever. And probably my fastest.

Distance: 3.00 miles
Time: 34:41
Best Pace: 9:24
Average Pace: 11:30
Calories: 355

Look who was a whole minute faster than normal. And the best part was the run didn't feel like it was too much. It didn't get bigger than me. I felt in control and good the entire time.

Stuff I want to do No. 2: Cook and Eat

Pinterest has become my go to I'm-bored-and-don't-want-to-do-homework-so-lets-waste-time-staring-at-recipes-online thing. I'm not ashamed since I've found some seriously good looking food.






OH MY LORT! I just want to cook and eat. All the time.

It's getting out of control. Seriously.

Who wants to pay me to make their meals? I'll do it for a small fee.

I think the whole food thing has become a problem. But for all I know, it could be my life's calling.

Cooking and eating and writing. I could totally live with that.

Goal for the rest of the week/weekend: Finish all homework. ALL homework. Cooking something divine...I'm thinking Cheesy Potato Soup (my momma's recipe). And run 5 miles.

What are some of your shoulds v. wants?

Any recipes you want to share? I'm always looking for something new to make in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment