Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How To Do Things You Should Already Know Wednesdays

Alright. I'm starting a new series called How To Do Things You Should Already Know Wednesday. It's was born out of pure stupidity and dumb luck. Before I tell you today's topic, I must explain why I think it's important to share this imformation with you.

How is it that we as people can get away with knowing so little about some things? This series where I will post stuff every Wednesday is to help us all learn about things we should already know about. ***If you have ideas for this series, please leave a comment. You will not be judge by the lack of knowledge in any subject. This is a learning tool for all of us,  myself included.***

This is a series for the Susie Homemaker impaired, the Honey-Do Husbands without a clue and the college students and young adults who are simply oblivious on things they should already know.

How To Fold A Fitted Sheet

As always, the roommate and I were sitting at home. She had just got her freshly washed sheets out of the dryer. She looks at me and says, "Hey, google how to fold  a fitted sheet because I'm tired of wadding mine up. Plus it'd be a good thing for us to know."

Something about the idea was instantly intriguing. I don't know if it's the fact that it's something I should know how to do or what. So I got on YouTube and found this little video gem. It's what truly inspired How To Do Things You Should Already Know Wednesdays. Meet Jill, the fitted sheet folding queen.
Clearly Jill makes it look so easy. But the roommate and I made it harder than it actually was. Go figure.

First, we argued over which way was long and which was short. Then, we argued over which corner was the third corner to tuck under. Then we complained about Jill going to fast to keep up. I mean really Jill should take her time. She knows how to fold fitted sheets; we don't.

So here are the highlights of the roommate folding a fitted sheet.




Would you just look at that final product! I mean clearly it won't take up space in the closet of blankets.

If you are currently in disbelief that two young women could not fold a fitted sheet, then you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. I know there is a large number of people out there that have no idea how to fold a fitted sheet, myself and the roommate included. Don't even try to pretend you know how to do it. Just go look in your closet at the wadded up fitted sheets...then you will know for sure if you have a folding problem.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment