Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Race for the Cure Recap

What a weekend it has been. I mean it was crazy good. I finished my first Race for the Cure in 40:34, which I think is pretty amazing.

I ran in honor of Paula, my co-worker who is currently fighting her second battle with breast cancer.
She is a huge inspriration and a wonderful woman. I am lucky to know her. She is truly a survivior and lover of all people. Her spice for life is something I envy. And I strive to truly appreciate things the way she does every single day.

Now I didn't take any pcitures of me or my group at the race. I know. I know. Bad blogger. But just so you know where I kinda was in the grand scheme of things, I was near the very front of the pack.
And that was just the front half of the group. The back of the line went way back. 46,000 women and men were registered to race and be part of the 3 miles of men. It is amazing to see some many people come together for one cause.

After the race, I got to spend some quality time with my mom. We went shopping for winter running gear. I can't wait to share those things with you on the blog once Mother Nature lets it get a bit cooler. I can tell you the new Nike store in Little Rock gives discounted prices on apparel. Good discounts. Check that out ASAP.

10K Training Update

I ran 4 miles last night. And it was clearly more than I was use to. I could feel the tiredness settle in about 3.5 miles. The last .5 mile was a mental battle.

I can do this. No...it's too hard. I should walk. No, don't you dare walk. It's only a half a mile. Just...keep....going....

And that is exactly what I did.


Distance: 4 miles
Time: 50:13
Best pace: 9:21
Average pace: 12:33
Calories: 419

Now let's talk about this for a second. I run 3 miles in 40-something-ish minutes. So I added another mile in 10 minutes. Holla. At. Your. Girl. Someone's legs were booking it last night on the River Trail.

I kept a pace I keep all the time, which makes me super excited. So adding mileage doesn't seem to affect my average pace. Hooray! And I did it by myself. So I know I can do it.

Now I just have to stick to the plan. My next 4 mile run will be Sunday. I'm gonna stick with 3 miles for the rest of the week. And be thankful it's just 3 miles.

My lower back paid the price of 4 miles last night. It had a dull ache after that. Luckily this morning it had died down. I guess the mile of extra jarring really didn't help my achy back.

Big Things Happening This Week
  • I get my spiffy new tooth tomorrow morning. HOORAY!!!!!
  • Part 2 of my PR Strategic Communications Plan gets turned in on Thursday.
  • UCA Homecoming on Saturday...Woo Whoo! Can't wait to see my Alpha Sig sisters, along with lots of other fellow Bears!
  • I WILL start my thesis proposal this week. It has to be done. This is my promise to start it. So there you go. I said it. So it has to happen.
How was your weekend?

What big things are happening for you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment