Thursday, October 20, 2011

Too Legit to Quit

Good Mornting!!! I hope everyone had a nice sleep. I could have stayed in bed a lot longer this morning, but I had to work. When I flung the covers back this morning, I immediately turned into a frozen block of ice. Not even kidding. I ran to turn off the fan, which I don't know why it was on, and checked the weather.
Ummm....the weather has decided to skip all things fall and head straight into winter. Awesome. (Can you hear the sarcasm?). I got up with time to spare so I made a pot of coffee and savored a cup in one of my favorite mugs that the roommate got me for Nosh Night.
Why yes I'd love some coffee with my cream. Thank you very much. It was steamy and perfect to beat the extra chilly morning.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and ran outside in the cold for the first time since I ran 5 miles with my mom. Thankfully the roommate and I had the right gear to fight the cold because the wind was fierce. It blew us all over the River Trail.

After it was over, we both felt pretty legit. I mean we ran 3 miles in the coldest wind, and I ran most of the 3 miles with my hand jabbed into my aching side. Someone please tell me what the crap is happening up under my rib cage on my left side. When I catch a cramp, it's usually there, and I have a hard time jabbing my fingers under my ribs. What gives?

And we ran 3 miles in our new running pullovers. Legit? I think so. I think the popped collar adds a little something extra.

The roommate looks like a model in a running magazine. Clearly the thumbs up and the popped toe adds to the legitness. Since we have this new gear to wear, we can't quit running. I don't like the cold, but I felt so accomplished when I finished yesterday's cold run.

After the run, all I could think about was a big bowl of steamy, hot soup. So I made some. I got the recipe from Clean Eating Chelsey, a blog I love to read every day.

I present to you Roasted Potato, Broccoli and White Bean Soup c/o Clean Eating Chelsey.
I linked the recipe so you can have it to make yourself, which you definitely should. It was so hearty and absolutely delicious. The potatos were velvety. The broccoli was fresh and flavorful. And the roasted garlic was something to write home about.

Clearly Chelsey has it going on. It's the second recipe I've tried of hers, and both were phenomenal. Check out her recipe for Quinoa Vegetable Soup. Seriously, make these recipes as soon as you get home today.

Got big plans this weekend?
Race for the Cure. Running it for the first time. With my momma. And the roommate, Logan and Lindsey. Then running clothes shopping. And refueling with lots of great food.

What is your favorite way to spend cold mornings?
Under a blanket in my favorite chair with a hot cup of coffee and good movies on the tube or a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment