Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cut Me a Break

I went to the game. I got to see some of my long lost friends. I stayed up too late. And it was all too good.

Who loves UCA's new gray and purple field? Not this girl. All my athletic fees down the drain. I mean green turf would have been a whole lot more pleasant to look at, but I guess the UCA Board of Directors thought purple and gray would be more appropriate. Now instead of grass stains, our players get plastic turf burn on their bare arms. Awesome.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm currently in a state of depression and mourning. I have to get another crown on my front tooth. While it's not directly in the front (it's two away from the center), I have to crown a perfectly good tooth without decay because I was dumb and made a poor decision when it came to eating a Jolly Rancher.

We all know I have serious dental anxiety. And we all know about my former gold tooth. So my immediate fear was that I would rock a gold front tooth for two weeks. Thankfully, that is not the case. My dentist doesn't hate me. But she is concerned that my tooth will split from the crack the Jolly Rancher made. So the crown is the only safe way to go.

Saturday I tried to self-medicate the throbbing with tequila.
And I continued self-medication with Bud Light Lime and a shot of tequila. Unfortunately, it didn't work too well.

Then I decided soup would be a safe bet for the whole chewing problem.
Cheesy potato soup was a good idea. Very delicious. The leftovers will be my lunch today. (If you want the recipe, leave a message in the comments section so I remember to do it tomorrow.)

I also tried retail therapy as a form of self-soothing, but that didn't work either. I did get a sweet pair of sunglasses and an awesome shirt from the new J. Crew. (I will show you these items tomorrow.)

Despite the mourning and break cutting, today will be wonderful for one major reason. It's the Taylor Swift and Needtobreathe concert tonight. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself. You may remember me purchasing tickets back in April. And on an even happier note, the week continues to get better because I will see Needtobreathe again on Friday in Fayetteville because they will be playing with Ben Rector. Be still my heart.

I also get my Garmin Forerunner my dad scored with reward points from roadrunnersports.com. Yet another slight victory on the road to recovery.

How was your weekend?

What do you have to look forward to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment