Monday, March 19, 2012

A Big Deal

As I'm sure you can see, some things look different here on the ole blog. I told you as part of my New Year's resolutions that I would be redesigning the blog. And this is where it's going. Sleek and simple. I'm not sure if I'm sold on the new header...but it will do for now. Enough of the housekeeping, on the guts of this post.

I've got some big news. I ran my first 5K without stopping on Saturday morning. Ran the entire 3.1 miles in 32 minutes and 46 seconds. And let me just say that that time is under the 33-minute mark I set I don't know how long ago.

HOORAY!!!!! I'm so excited about it. And so was my momma.
We all had a good race. I placed 5th in my age division, just one spot away from getting a medal. Next time, I'll be there.
Kerri, me, Mom and Lisa
Kerri got 2nd in her age division, Mom got 4th and Lisa got 1st. It was a good day, minus the heat.

After the race was over, I had to get some water. It was so hot. But once we cooled down a bit, Mom, Lisa and I took off for another mile and a half.
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good run on pretty good day.

Here are my stats:
Distance: 4.5 miles
Time: 50:01
Best Pace: 8:43
Average Pace: 11:07
Calories: 539

I also need to mention that I got some new running swag at the Nike Store the other day.
Two pairs of shorts and one of my most favorite tank tops. Hooray for pay day. Someone needs to inform Nike and Brooks that I am officially unofficially a running model of all their products. I mean seriously...I already wear it all the time...Let me be a spokesperson. I love Nike. I love Brooks running shoes.

10K training is going ok. This week I have a 5-miler to put in the books. I'm thinking I will do that on Wednesday. Today I'm going to do some hill work...not my favorite thing. But I'm ready to get out there. We've had some beautiful weather here lately, and I'm loving being outside all the time.

How was your weekend?


Did you run? 

No comments:

Post a Comment