Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Climbing Hills

Happy Tuesday Everyone! I hope you're having a fantastic morning. It looks like rain here in the Capital City, but I'm ok with that. I kind of love rainy days. And I'm in the mood for one today. 

So I have two totally different things to talk about today. So let's start with the more exciting of the two. 

I will be guest blogging for Arkansas Women Bloggers' Foodie Friday post this week. So if you are interested in a recipe for Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bake, I suggest you head over there for my guest post on Friday.

This will be the first time I've written a guest post, and I'm pretty excited to share my recipe and blog with other Arkansans, as well as everybody else. Don't worry. I'll be sure to remind you on Friday to check out my recipe. It would be a perfect Saturday breakfast. 

Now on to the next....

I did hill work yesterday for the first time in a long time. I made a date with the Big Dam Bridge, and I can say that it is still very much a sweaty, hilly mess of a run. 
Here are my stats:
Distance: 1.67 miles
Time: 19:18
Best Pace: 9:44
Average Pace: 11:31
Calories: 193

Now here's the deal: I took a lighter run yesterday to give my body time to rest after the 4.5 miles I did on Saturday. Since I hadn't done a hill workout in a while, I thought I would just do the bridge one time to see how I'd feel. 

It felt wonderful outside yesterday. Windy, overcast. Perfect 79 degrees. But I can definitely tell I've been slacking on the hill work. Some of my muscles are pretty tender, but that's ok. I'm hoping to work some of that out at yoga tonight. 

On the running agenda this week:
Speedwork --- maybe tomorrow night. I need to be doing more and more of that to prepare for St. Jude. Eekk!

5 miles --- My mom informed me that she may come to the Big City to do a nice 5 mile jaunt with me on Thursday....if not I'll probably run 5 miles on Friday morning before the sun tries to kill everyone with its crazy rays. 

What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment