Saturday, September 15, 2012

I Make Omelets

I love to cook. It's basically my favorite hobby. Well, it goes hand in hand with running. I love them equally. But running is a love-hate relationship sometimes. Cooking is just a pure love relationship.

That having been said, making an omelet terrifies me. I attempted omelet making one time, and I ended up making the ugliest scrambled eggs ever. I'm embarrassed to even say that. But seriously they were the ugliest scrambled eggs I've ever seen in my life. Too much oil in the pan. Wet and gray in color. I'm gagging just thinking about it.

Needless to say, not my finest moment in the kitchen. So ever since then I've shied away from omelets. I thought too hard to make. Too much room for error. And considering my first attempt being a complete and utter failure, I just couldn't face the eggy treat again.

I'm a weirdo, and for some reason scrambled eggs don't appeal to me. I love a fried egg, poached egg, boil egg, but not plain ole scrambled eggs.

Over the past month or so, my mom has been making post-run omelets and sending me pictures. And they always look so dang good.

Since omelets have veggies and cheese in them, it's not a plain ole plate of scrambled eggs, and that seems like a delight in every bite. The problem is I always think back to the gray veggie scrambled eggs that almost made me vomit just looking at them.

Today I hit a milestone in the kitchen. I made an omelet. A legit omelet.
And it was flipping delicious.

What is in my omelet, you ask? Two eggs, orange bell pepper, purple onion, mushrooms, spinach, basil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.

This omelet could be one of my best creations yet. And it turned out so gourmet. And did I mention it was delicious?

Talk about a veggie and protein packed breakfast. And I paired it with two cups of coffee. Can't beat that.

I'm shooting for a 5 mile long run tomorrow. And I have a feeling this will be my post-run delight. And when I say I'm shooting for a run tomorrow...I'm not sure if it will happen because of this.

The rain is coming. It rained steady last night. And it looks like the bottom could fall out at any minute. I am going to do my speedwork for this week today. I have to run, regardless if it rains or not. I may have to run more than three days next week, but that's fine. We must sacrifice for the training. It will be worth it.

I'm not sure if this positive attitude comes from the fabulous breakfast I made this morning, or if all the episodes of The Biggest Loser re-runs are starting to reprogram my brain. Who knows for sure?

Weekend plans? Tell me about 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment