Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bachelorette to Baking

This is my little.
Last night, a bunch of us celebrated the fact that little is getting married next weekend. Let's call it the Bachelorette Party. Little is not her real name. I just call her that because she is my little sis from sorority life. Her real name is Natalie.

Little wanted to have a few drinks after we all saw a play and had dinner. So we gave little drinks.

You only live once right? So we made sure she took some shots. When we left the bar, little was a bit woozy. But happy. Super happy.
It was a good night with good people. Congratulations to little and her soon-to-be hubby Jade. I am so happy for you, and I can't wait to partay next weekend. Yippie!!!

I got home at 1 A.M. and woke up for the day at 9 A.M. A full 8 hours. I feel refreshed. After having my morning coffee, I was in search of something for breakfast. And there was nothing...because I haven't been to the store yet. So I improvised.

I had three overripe bananas. First thought: Banana bread. So that is what I did.

What you will need:
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 (or 5 Tablespoons) of melted butter
3/4 C. brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 C. flour
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a loaf pan before starting on the batter.

Mash bananas in a bowl with a wooden spoon (or just a big spoon). Pour in melted butter. Stir to combine. Add brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
It will look something like this, but don't worry it will get better as you add the dry ingredients.

Put in baking soda and the pinch of salt, and mix to combine. Add flour last. Stir until everything is well combined. I didn't use a mixer and my bread turned out perfect. So don't break out the mixer and dirty another piece of equipment.

Pour batter into the butter/floured loaf pan.
Smooth as best you can. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the top of  the bread is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
The final product.
Golden and delicious. Transfer to a cooling rack so you can eat it quicker.
My makeshift cooling rack consisted of a 9x13 pan topped with an oven rack the roommate and I must have stolen from the old apartment. Oops. Sorry I'm not sorry.

Cut into pieces and enjoy.

This was a very easy recipe to make. The cooking time is enough time to successful clean your bathroom to the highest quality, which is what I did while it was baking.

Banana bread, the perfect Saturday morning treat. The roommate and I will be running this evening. So there will be a lovely post about tonight's run tomorrow. Hope you're having the greatest Saturday.

What did you do last night?

What is your favorite breakfast item?

No comments:

Post a Comment