Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A White Sand Wedding

The last time I went to the beach it was the week before I started my Senior year in college. The roommate, our friend Abby, and I (plus a group of other people) went to the Gulf Shores for a pre-school year vacay.
And we haven't been back to the beach since then.

All that is about to change. Thanks to my best friend from high school Shannon and her soon-to-be hubby Garrett. The love birds are getting married at the beach. Destin, FL to be exact. The roommate's favorite beach.
Photo by: Natalie Gray Photography

After a long road to the alter, Shannon and Garrett will be getting married at a causal ceremony on the white sands of Destin's beach. And I could not be more thrilled. It is the wedding she's always wanted. A small, causal beach wedding with close family and friends.

And the roommate and I will be in attendance. I'm actually the Maid of Honor (MOH). So my presence is greatly needed at this wedding.

So in August, the roommate and I will be roadtripping to white sandy beaches. Hopefully Logan will get to come with us. I have a feeling this will be an epic beach trip and wedding filled with awesome stories to tell later.

In celebration of Shan and Garrett's upcoming nuptials, I decided to share the highlights from the last beach trip to get you all in the spirit for what is to come.

We met a seagull with a bum leg. We called him Gerald.
We made a sand castle adorned with seashells.
There is nothing like a good book and a cold beer on the beach. I took advantage of this fact, and I plan to do so in August as well.
Salty sea air does something amazing to my hair. And the sound of waves crashing on the shore is one of the best sounds in the world. And I love the fact that white sand has the ability to burn the soles of your feet in the matter of seconds. It's something of joy.
The roommate and I act like fools when we go to the beach. Neither of us can sleep the night before the trip. We scream at the first sight of water, even if it's not the ocean. She hangs her head out the window as soon as we cross the Florida state line claiming that she can "feel the beach upon us."

We get up with the sun. Beach it all day. Pack lunches to take to the beach. Bring enough booze to last an entire month. Make 982457 playlists and cds to enjoy when beaching. And get a twinge of sadness when the sun starts to go down for the day, but excitement builds for the next day when we will do it all over again.
Congratulations to my dear friends Shannon and Garrett. Getting married on the beach is the best thing you could have ever done for your beach bunny friends. When I say we can barely contain our excitement, it would be a total understatement. I'm basically busting at the seams to pack my bags and head to the surf. Oh, and to see you guys get married.
Photo by: Natalie Gray Photography

And you my dear blog readers will not be left behind. There will be play-by-play posts of all beach and wedding activities. So you will get a front row seat to the roadtrip/beach party/wedding of a lifetime. It's going to be awesome! Get that umbrella ready to slide into a nice icy beverage because the party starts in 36 days. Ow ow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment